







In English we use phrases to ask for something we want politely.
I'd like... = I would like... / Can I have...? / Could I have...?
Examples sentences :
We use Would you like...? for offers (when we want to give something or help someone)
Examples sentences :
Notes for use of polite request / offer / suggestions :
'Would you like' has the same meaning as 'Do you want' but is a more polite way of offering something!
In English we use the question phrase 'Why don't you / we...?' to make a polite suggestion.
| Polite request / offer / suggestion example sentences | |
|---|---|
| Shall we move your desk back near the window? | 我们需要把你的书桌移回到窗户边吗? |
| Would you like me to walk you home? | 你愿意让我送你回家吗? |
| Would you like me to order you two something else? | 你想要我帮你们两位点其他的东西喝吗? |
| Or shall I prepare something for you? | 或者我给你做点什么? |
| Shall we try a trick, then? | 那么我们要耍个花招吗? |
| Diego, we were just about to order some drinks, would you like something? | 迭戈,我们刚要点东西喝,你想要喝什么吗? |
| Cate, why don't you go and get Pogo from the garden. | 凯特,为什么不去把波哥从花园里带回来呢。 |
| Would you like some salad, Cate? | 你想要吃点沙拉吗,凯特? |
| Would you like me to bring you anything? | 你们想要我帮你们带点什么吗? |
| Would you like me to get us some coffee and muffins? | 要不我去买点咖啡和松饼? |
| Okay, shall we go to Tesco, then? | 好吧,那我们去乐购吧? |
| Would you like to get some cashback? | 您想要部分现金返现吗? |
| Okay, we'd like to sit outside. | 好的,我们想要坐外面。 |
| It must be a sign, why don't you... | 这一定是天意,你为什么不... |
| Would you like to have anything as a starter? | 您还想点些开胃菜吗? |
| Shall we call them to make appointments for Saturday? | 我们需要打电话给他们预约周六看房吗? |
| Erm, I was going to ask if you would like to come to Brighton with me tomorrow. | 呃,我当时想要问你是否愿意明天和我一起去布莱顿。 |
| Shall we use the self-checkout? | 我们使用自助结账怎么样? |
| Would you like a whole chicken, or do you want pieces? | 你是想要一整只鸡,还是一部分? |
| Shall we check if they have that very special rice first? | 我们先看一下他们有没有那种非常特别的米好吗? |